29 Agustus 2007
Closing Date: 25-9-07.
WorleyParsons is expanding its international and domestic–based teams to address major engineering, procurement and construction opportunities. We are 20,400 strong, in 97 offices, across 30 countries.
Currently we are looking for a Project Engineer.
The PFE is a senior position in the site management team reporting to the– Project General Manager. The primary function of the PFE is to assist in the engineering matters associated with the construction execution by providing expertise, oversight and guidance so that the construction adheres to the contract specifications and meets the projects cost, schedule, and quality requirements.
Project Engineer (Others - Egypt)
* Degree in Engineering (preferably Civil) or in Construction Management from a 4 year college.
* Previous experience as a PFE on a power plant project in a lead role.
* At least 8 years total field experience, including working with civil construction (concrete, steel, excavation etc...).
* Applicants must be willing to work in Egypt.
* Monitors the site field engineers. Insures that field engineering accurately interprets the design and that they promptly resolve any design, constructability or quality issues.
* Insures that construction uses the current revision of design documents.
* Insures that construction uses all applicable quality control criteria. Monitors quality control results and initiates corrective actions where required.
* Monitors the technical performance of subcontractors to assure compliance with the contract requirements.
* Coordinates with field construction supervision to identify constructability problems and resolves these problems with the responsible engineering organization.
* Supervises the quantity survey activity.
* Monitors procurement of critical items and initiates problem resolution as needed.
* Provides regular input and updates to the project schedule for construction activities.
* Conducts periodic performance reviews of field engineering performance and establishes corrective action plans for deviations.
* Serves as the focal point to resolve field engineering problems with the Owner/Consultant.
* Assist project management by monitoring and reporting on the status of the assigned buildings and work as needed with executing departments to insure that progress meets requirements.
For more information, please visit our employment pages (www.worleyparsons.com) and apply online with the job code: EGT-2007-8991
Wednesday, August 29, 2007
29 Agustus 2007
Finding The first JobIn the current job market where unemployment rate is high, fresh graduates and school leavers should be realistic in their search for jobs. They should not have high hope in getting the 'right' job at their first attempt, but should aim to gain worthwhile experience from their first job. Indeed, the chances of finding the 'right' job at the first time are small, unless for graduates whose qualifications decide specifically what kind of job they are going to do after graduation. In the real work life, we see many people change their jobs several times particularly during the early part of their career. Read More....
Several Steps To Get New JobIn this Writing, we will explain about several steps to get new jobs. We think during find a new job we must prepare our performance as good as possible. It will help ourselves easy to get a new jobs. On the face of it, getting a new job appears to be a straightforward affair: Just look for job opportunities in the newspapers or on the Internet, prepare resumes, send applications, appear at interviews and accept job offers. The process is indeed simple; it is not rocket science. Yet, as you probably know, a job search can sometimes extend to painfully long periods of time, going up to months or even years. And when a new job does not come along after repeated attempts, it is common for job seekers to point fingers in various directions. Read More....